Welcome!

As a council we are successfully lifting our city's reputation. We must continue to invest in city improvements, while sensibly monitoring our debt levels. Our portfolio structure allows us to communicate and listen to your views.

As your representative I am committed to all of these and passionate about cleaner lakes and inner city revitalisation. This includes safer cycling, city art and public-private partnerships with iwi investment.

Thursday 15 August 2013

Karen Hunt: Candidate Profile Statement

[To be published in the Rotorua press and election papers] 

Thank you for your support during my first two terms on Council.  I really enjoy working with the community and have fully immersed myself in the diversity of issues facing Rotorua.

Our community is facing change on many levels.  Change brings both challenges and opportunities.  Innovative solutions are required and a willingness to think outside the square.

I am a creative thinker, who is not afraid of new ideas.  I bring a mixture of vision and pragmatism to the Council table and I will continue to work towards a shared vision for our community.

I am mindful of the difficulties many residents are facing in our community and I actively support people having more involvement in decision-making at the grass roots level.

Using the experience I have gained, I will continue to work hard with energy and integrity. I seek your support for re-election and thank you for your vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment