Welcome!

As a council we are successfully lifting our city's reputation. We must continue to invest in city improvements, while sensibly monitoring our debt levels. Our portfolio structure allows us to communicate and listen to your views.

As your representative I am committed to all of these and passionate about cleaner lakes and inner city revitalisation. This includes safer cycling, city art and public-private partnerships with iwi investment.

Saturday 28 August 2010

And They're Off!

Today is the first day that election hoardings and other campaign materials are allowed to be displayed in Rotorua.  You can expect all candidates to be putting their best foot forward in every way they can.  Hoardings (the big roadside displays) must be on private property and everyone looks for eye-catching designs and busy locations.

I think that social media will have an increasing role this process as years go by. Many people now use FaceBook and I certainly hope this Blog will help people get some idea of who I am and what I’ve been doing with my time on Council so far. I hope readers will check back here from time to time through the election period, feel free to make comments on individual posts and to ask questions.

Local Government NZ has also put together a website for the public, allowing all candidates to post a web page and receive questions from voters that can be addressed to all candidates simultaneously. This is the link to my page; you can look down the bottom to see which other candidates are registered.  


I'm just back from the first day of work on my hoardings with my support team of Rob, Kevin and Greg.  Thanks to those of you who have allowed us to place one of my signs on your property.

I look forward to any of your feedback about the elections and any of your questions.  
 

You’ll be seeing me around!

No comments:

Post a Comment