Welcome!

As a council we are successfully lifting our city's reputation. We must continue to invest in city improvements, while sensibly monitoring our debt levels. Our portfolio structure allows us to communicate and listen to your views.

As your representative I am committed to all of these and passionate about cleaner lakes and inner city revitalisation. This includes safer cycling, city art and public-private partnerships with iwi investment.

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Her Worship The Mayor?

It’s election year and there is speculation in the press and elsewhere about who is going to enter the mayoral race in 2010.

I was asked by the Rotorua Daily Post whether I would be standing for mayor this year and my response was published there about a month ago.  An article in the latest Rotorua Review implies that there is ongoing uncertainty about my position, so I’d like to use this forum to make it clear.

My first term as a Rotorua District Councillor has been a stimulating and rewarding experience.  I believe I am making a difference in the Council and I will definitely be standing for re-election as an RDC Councillor this year.  I have no intention of running for the Rotorua mayoralty.

We are in for an interesting next few months leading up to the end of postal voting on 9th October.

Your vote matters, so remember to vote and have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment