Welcome!

As a council we are successfully lifting our city's reputation. We must continue to invest in city improvements, while sensibly monitoring our debt levels. Our portfolio structure allows us to communicate and listen to your views.

As your representative I am committed to all of these and passionate about cleaner lakes and inner city revitalisation. This includes safer cycling, city art and public-private partnerships with iwi investment.

Monday 8 February 2010

Rotorua Airport Goes International

What a fabulous start to summer with the first flight from Sydney arriving on the 12 December and now operating twice weekly.  I know that some people were concerned about the possibility of increased noise from the Airbus 320, but most people I have spoken to are barely aware when it is taking off and landing. 

The feedback from travellers I have spoken to is very positive about the efficiency of staff and systems as well as the convenience of flying direct from Rotorua. I am looking forward to my own trip to Sydney next month.  Several people I know have already booked their second! 

Having spent a week in Sydney in June 2008, I can definitely recommend a mid-winter break. It was sunny most days and a very pleasant 18-20C.

No comments:

Post a Comment